Our sweet bunny, Oreo, died on February 15th. We rescued Oreo from our neighborhood when she was released by one of our neighbors. They got her for their kid for Easter and soon grew tired of her once she got bigger. She also had 2 siblings who sadly were killed when released into the wild. We couldn't stand to see her hop around and struggle to survive anymore and caught her and brought her home...that was back in January 2006. She's always been a sweet-natured rabbit and she will be missed:(
Her death was sudden and unexpected. She usually jumped around with excitement and stood at her door when she knew it was time to eat. Well, on that particular morning she was very lethargic. Sarah brought her inside and I could just tell that something wasn't right. I called the vet to get her in as rabbits, once they get sick, tend to deteriorate quickly. By the time I got the appointment and checked on her again, she was gone. That weekend in general was a miserable one. I pulled a muscle in my neck the day prior and it kept going into spasms, one time so severe that I blacked out and fell to the floor...thank goodness for carpet! I spent all of Sunday and Monday on the chair with a heating pad watching crappy, predictable Lifetime movies. The long, cold, snowy winter is taking it's toll on all of us. Add to that some teenage drama (argh!!!!!) and Valentine's weekend will be one I won't be forgetting anytime soon. The picture I posted is of Hannah and Oreo in 2007. Where, oh where, has my little girl gone!?
1 comment:
It is hard to believe that you took that pictures in 2007. My has she grown up! It is always hard to lose an animal. I am not looing forward to it.
Post a Comment