Monday, June 7, 2010

DUI Walk

Erin, Sarah, Justine, Hannah and Justin


                                                Ange, Denise, Missy and Joanne


Buddie boys


Justin, Justin, Sarah, Erin, Hannah and Justine



Jeff (Ashley's dad) and Randy ready to run the 10K


Walkers for Ashley and Erika

On Saturday we attended the DUI Walk in Harrisburg to walk in memory of Ashley Bender and Erika Mattern.  The number of people walking each year continues to grow, it seems.  It's nice to know that the girls will always be remembered.  I was talking to a man placing a stack of bricks in the Memorial Garden, and he said that they put about 125 new ones in the garden, meaning that number of people lost their lives in DUI-related accidents.  There was one woman there wearing a shirt with a picture of a newborn and a picture of a man I assumed was the father of the baby.  Both of them died in 2005.  It really is sad when I think about why we are there, especially knowing these types of accidents are 100% preventable.  I hope the group continues to grow each year and that Ashley and Erika will always be remembered for the beautiful, smiling girls they were...they are missed so much.

1 comment:

Tim, Missy, Justin and Oreo said...

We look forward to keeping their memory alive, by walking in this walk every year