Friday, August 6, 2010

Forever Young

I've been thinking a lot about Ashley these days, I guess partly because it is that time of year when she left this world.  I see her, though, in her newborn nephew.  He is the spitting image of her, down to his long fingers.  I was holding him yesterday and as I looked into his soulful eyes, I saw her staring back at me.  It was like having a little piece of her here.  I like to think that before he was born, Ashley spent some time in heaven with him.  As Ang said to me, "She probably didn't let anyone else hold him!"  So I guess Ashley isn't really gone, she lives on in those who love her and those who never knew her.  What a legacy she left behind.  I was listening to a song, "Forever Young," and I thought of how Ashley probably would've liked it.  I think of her everytime I hear it.

Erika, Sarah and Ashley at Camp Mt. Luther, 2004
I also think of Erika and her family and how much they must miss her.  Both Ashley and Erika taught us all so much, to live life in the here and now because we are not always promised tomorrow.  I believe they truly did live their lives that way.  There was something special about them.  They were smart, funny, kind, compassionate and beautiful inside and out.  They are missed so much:(

1 comment:

Tim, Missy, Justin and Oreo said...

No one could of said it any better!!