Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sarah Lacrosse Senior Year

Sarah(#34)had one of her last home games for the official season in lacrosse. I was so proud of her today! She scored two goals and took numerous shots for other goals. I was fortunate to be standing near the goal to take the pics and see the whole thing. It was also nice to be able to hear the communication going on between the girls. The other girls were so supportive of Sarah and really wanted to see her score. I loved hearing their words of encouragement. It hit me in that moment, and it felt real, that the end of her high school life is coming to a close. I had to wipe the tears away. I wonder how I will get through graduation...sigh.

Lots of change coming. I realize I can't stop time, so I need to do the best I can to move forward with the changes that will come. She got accepted to York College and Lock Haven University. She liked both of them a lot, so it was a matter of waiting for the financial end of things. Lock Haven was the better deal, so that's where she will be in the fall. She has a few other friends attending who will be attending there and she will be rooming with her cousin, Becca. I've even starting preparations for their dorm life. I found a refrigerator and microwave at a yard sale yesterday. Good deals and barely used stuff! It felt strange to purchase appliances for my first born! The milestones keep on coming...prom next week!

UPDATE: The girls won the PIAA District 4 title! They came home to a fire truck escort and cheering fans!



http://dailyitem.com/0200_sports/x57645889/In-first-season-Midd-West-claims-girls-lacrosse-title



1 comment:

knit one, knit two said...

You and Ned did an awesome job raising a beautiful talented young lady. I wish her (and you!!) all the best as she goes out into the world!