![]() |
| Denise with Janet and Jill (angels of the court house) |
As promised, I made the trip to the court house without my dear friend beside me. I presented a picture of Mary from last year's ceremony and another picture of Mary and Jim together when they were 18. In the middle I included portions of "I'll Be Seeing You." It was a song that was popular the year Jim was killed. I imagine Jim and Mary dancing in heaven to that song. It also reminds me that I will be seeing her again some day. That picture was placed right above Jim's picture. I know Mary wouldn't have wanted the fuss, but I felt she deserved a place of honor on that wall with Jim. She, like so many others back on the homefront during WWII, sacrificed so much and endured with quiet dignity. I want her to be remembered always, along side her Jim.
It was also a time to thank the sweet folks at the court house for always making Mary feel special. She thought the world of them and considered them special friends, as do I. Their kindness and compassion helped me through my visit today.
As usual, our friends in Sweden also held a ceremony at the crash site. In addition to placing a wreath and candles for the crew members, they also lit a special candle for Mary. I'm so grateful to all of them for remembering the crew and I know that they will be remembered for generations to come. That fact touched Mary and I know she considered each and every one of them friends. I'm including a link for pictures of their ceremony:
http://flygmonumentet.langared.se/111020/
As much as I miss Mary, I know she is always with me, tucked into a special corner of my heart. I truly felt her with me today. I'll be seeing you Mary and as you would tell me, "I love you...always."
Here are my reflections from last year:
http://denise-ned.blogspot.com/2010/10/remembering-jim-johnston.html

1 comment:
Mary was such a WONDERFUL lady and it was so nice of you to place the picture of Mary on the wall. You are correct she would not want any fuss.
Post a Comment