UPADATE: She passed her test for her learner's permit on Saturday! We had to go the whole way to Pleasant Gap, though! I was the first one to take her out driving--just around town. She did farily well considering it was her first time at it. She tends to want to stay to the far right of the road, so in a panic I did reach over and grab the wheel a few times because it freaked me out. I did not yell or scream even one time! Did I want to? Yes! But I know that's counter productive to the learning process. She's been out a couple more times with Ned and is improving each time she goes out. I did think she was coming through the living room wall this weekend. I was reading in the living room and heard a thud on the wall from the garage side. She bumped into the bikes and they made a thud on the wall. Keep us all in your prayers as we venture into this newest stage of parenting and pray that she stays safe!
My baby just turned 16 on Monday--insert sobbing noises here from me! She was excited to go test for her learner's permit yesterday. I picked her up from school and off we went. She was nervous about it but it turns out she forgot her Social Security card and we had to turn right around and come home--insert sobbing noises from her now! We'll try again on Saturday. So for now, she is not an offical driver yet! I even had the camera in the car ready to snap a picture of the momentous occasion! I'll update it with a picture if all goes well on Saturday.
2 comments:
I will be looking for the picture in the near future!
this is very exciting and scary! I remember when I first started driving I would hug the right side of the road too and I was scared to go fast, to me 25mph was fast! of course once I got the hang of it I was zipping all over the place. Its hard I'm sure but remember to try and not correct her too much. That drove me crazy when my mom would do that. Good luck!
Post a Comment